Aloe Vera and Basil Handcrafted Natural Soap with Shea Butter and Vitamin E (100g)
10 Reasons To Switch To Natural Handmade Soap
How we treat our skin can have a major impact on our overall health. The body’s largest organ, our skin is incredibly porous and absorbent. Mountains of research show that toxic chemicals can be drawn through the skin and transferred into the bloodstream, causing concerning long-term damage.
Launching our Handmade Natural Soap was a huge deal for us. A big reason why we chose, natural soap was to provide our customers with safer, more nourishing cleansing and body care options. Each bar is artisan handmade and takes weeks to cure which maintains the integrity of the nutrients, essential oils and vitamins in our soap.
Most conventional, over-the-counter “soaps” are actually compacted detergents stripped of any natural benefits. According to the FDA, to be regulated as “soap,” the “alkali salts of fatty acids” must be the only material that results in the product’s cleaning action.
If the product contains synthetic detergents, it’s a cosmetic, not a soap. Now more than ever, it’s imperative to educate ourselves on the products we use. In the spirit of transparency, here are 10 Reasons You Should Make The Switch To Natural Bar Soap.
- Only 100% Pure Essential Oils: Packed with antibacterial, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and other health-promoting properties, pure essential oils clean the skin while adding valuable nutrients.
- Don’t Do Detergent: Why on earth would anyone choose a cosmetic to cleanse over soap? Not only do detergent soaps mask odor more than clean, they often irritate and dehydrate the skin.
- Think pH Levels: Important for maintaining the skin’s natural barrier, the pH is around 9-10 for Natural Bar Soap. That level is naturally alkaline, making the soap a gentler and a more effective cleanser. The inclusion of Coconut Oil in our soap nourishes and moisturizes to maintain the skin’s natural pH levels.
- Just Say “No” To Chemicals: Antibacterial “soap” typically contains triclosan, along with numerous other harmful chemicals (including parabens, petrochemicals, and sodium Laureth sulphate). The Environmental Working Group found that triclosan may disrupt human hormones (animal studies proved it did) and damage the reproductive system. Also, it doesn’t actually kill more germs than natural soap!
- Our Little Planet: The very same toxic chemicals in OTC “soap” that harms our bodies is also causing serious damage to the Earth. Because of vast use in conventional body care, dangerous chemicals are commonly found in rivers, oceans, and lakes.
- Animal Friends: Instead of eliciting required animal testing because of the chemicals used in OTC “soap,” our natural soap is entirely cruelty-free. The EG Team never produces products that we haven’t personally tested on own human bodies.
- Rich Lather: Creamy and silkening, nature’s ingredients make for much richer suds than synthetics used in OTC “ soap.”
- Silkier Skin: The cold process soap method keeps all of the nourishing ingredients intact which help prevent dry, itchy skin while actively moisturizing the skin.
- Aroma Everywhere: Anyone experienced with essential oils can tell you the overwhelming benefits of aromatherapy and the quality of EO aroma vs. synthetic fragrances. Not only will you smell amazing, but your shower will also feel like a tranquil spa.
- Glycerin Goodness: Although it might look like a scary word, Glycerin can have a wonderfully transformative effect on the skin. Plant fats naturally contain about 8-13% Glycerin, which helps the skin maintain moisture hours after you wash. Our soap making method ensures that the Glycerin binds with the soap molecules to keep the skin supple and without residue.
Product Features :-
Soothes burns: Aloe vera has also been used for centuries as a natural way to treat sunburn. The cooling gel helps ease the symptoms of sore, tight skin and has been used successfully in tests involving first and second degree burns.
It’s Mega-Moisturizing: Aloe vera is full of amino acids, enzymes, and minerals like calcium and magnesium that contribute to youthful, vibrant skin. As a moisturizer, it penetrates the skin deeply. Because aloe vera is hydrating but not greasy, skincare products with aloe vera are perfect for those with oily or sensitive skin. Aloe’s moisturizing, emollient qualities create a natural barrier to protect your skin without weighing you down.
Anti-Aging Action: The naturally rejuvenating qualities of aloe vera are also potent allies in the battle against the effects of aging. Studies have shown that aloe reduces the presence of wrinkles, improves skin elasticity to prevent sagging, and increases collagen production to promote a plump, glowing complexion.
Say Sayonara Stretch Marks: Stretch marks appear when your skin is stretched past its normal elastic limits. If pulled too far, the skin’s fibers can break, causing reddish or purple marks. While not inherently unhealthy, stretch marks can permanently mar the skin. Aloe vera’s ability to fight inflammation, reduce redness, and promote elasticity make aloe a natural friend in the fight against pesky stretch marks. Over time, stretch marks treated with aloe vera fade to reveal smooth, vibrant skin.
Fight Free Radicals: You don’t need a degree in chemistry to know that free radicals are just imbalanced molecules. They cause damage when they come in contact with skin because their search for a molecular pair can disrupt skin at the deepest layers. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals by donating an electron, which stops them from searching for a mate in your skin. Because aloe vera is rich in antioxidants, like vitamins C and E, it’s a natural friend in the fight against free radicals.